Saturday, December 27, 2008

2008 Highlights

Friends and Family,

This year has been a crazy one at the Johnson house!!! Here are a few highlights:

In July, Nate and I ditched Alex (thank you Aunt Becky for watching her for almost THREE WEEKS!) and went to Europe. We started in Sweden where we stayed with Nate’s parents for a few days. Steven and Amy are currently serving in the Stockholm Sweden Mission and keeping the office running. We had a great time seeing the sights around Stockholm and Northern Sweden. After that, we flew to Oslo, Norway where we stayed with our good friends Monica Dalby and Haakon Lomo (we call him Hank because his name is too hard to pronounce for a gringo). We saw and did a million things over the next ten days or so. It was an amazing trip of a lifetime, and one that will not soon be repeated! I came home a few days prior to Nate – he got stuck in Sweden – flying standby has its disadvantages! But thank goodness Nate’s parents aren’t too far from the airport and they were willing to chauffeur him back and forth. :)

In August, Alex turned the big TWO! She liked her party…especially the presents and the cake. She’s getting so big. The other day, in a conversation in which I told her she was so big she said, “I’m not big. You’re big.” I told her, “No, I’m not big. You’re big.” After going back and forth like that for a while she responded, “You’re GIANT!” I guess comparatively she’s right. :) She’s such a doll and we adore her (although she has her moments when I am forced to find the phone number for the nearest orphanage).

All year Nate and I have been trying to switch roles. Nate was sick of playing Mr. Mom and I was sick of working and trying to be a mom in the few hours a week that I was home. In October, Nate started working days as a contractor for DISA at Hill AFB and teaching classes at night at Utah Career College. I started working only two to three days a week and that will continue until January when I will jump ship permanently. Yeah!

In October, we also had a ward split. In the new ward Nate was made an advisor in the Young Men’s and I was put in as Relief Society President (you can laugh out loud…it’s appropriate). So, there is never a dull moment in my life. I’m either tending to Alex, working at Hill, or trying to take care of the 140 women in our ward.

In case October wasn’t eventful enough, I also told Nate that I was pregnant! We’re excited to have a little baby boy join our family in May 2009. I’m trying to convince Nate that since we’re going to have one of each (a boy and a girl) that we can call it quits, but he’s not convinced. Guess we’ll see how that plays out over the next several years…

We hope all is well with you and your family. Please keep in touch and have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! :)

Lotsa love,

Nate, Gina, and Alex :)



4 comments:

Thor'sblog said...

It looks like you had a great trip and we should do something soon. Take care of your self, we lova

thepetersonfive said...

Gina

It was great to hear from you. That looked like a cool trip to Europe. Congrats on the new baby. Boys are a lot of fun. I know what I am talking about I have 3 of them. Anyway thanks for keeping in touch.
love
Monika

Nate and Mel said...

Soooo great to hear from you. Not okay that I keep forgetting to email. Completely my fault. Congrats on the baby boy!!! I'm so excited. And, yes, I did laugh out loud at your new calling. I remember you being so fun and great with the young women, you'll do great with your new calling.
We miss you so much. Your bedroom looks beautiful. Did you paint the wall!
There's no way that is the same little girl. Holy cow she's grown up. Such a cutie.
That is the most random, jumbled comment ever. sorry..... -Mel

johnsonfarm said...

We love your blog. Please add more photos and keep us up-to-date on the new baby progress. Hope all is going well on all fronts. We're still at the Mission Office. Time is marching on! Mom & Dad J in Sweden